Check out this camera drone
a425couple
2024-03-07 00:11:26 UTC
from
https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1briefings/news/f1-interested-in-red-bulls-220mph-drone-for-filming-during-races

F1 Interested In Red Bull's 220MPH Drone For Filming During Races
F1 remains keen to explore innovative filming techniques offered by this
technology.
ALEX HARRINGTON8 HOURS AGO
Red Bull showcased incredible footage from a high-speed drone during a
filming day, sparking F1's interest in potentially using the technology
for race week coverage. However, there are significant challenges to
overcome before implementation.

Key takeaways:

Red Bull's 220mph 'Drone 1' captured impressive footage at Silverstone ----
Jim Wilkins
2024-03-07 01:03:18 UTC
"a425couple" wrote in message news:PC7GN.370632$***@fx13.iad...

from
https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1briefings/news/f1-interested-in-red-bulls-220mph-drone-for-filming-during-races

F1 Interested In Red Bull's 220MPH Drone For Filming During Races
F1 remains keen to explore innovative filming techniques offered by this
technology.
ALEX HARRINGTON8 HOURS AGO
Red Bull showcased incredible footage from a high-speed drone during a
filming day, sparking F1's interest in potentially using the technology
for race week coverage. However, there are significant challenges to
overcome before implementation.

Key takeaways:

Red Bull's 220mph 'Drone 1' captured impressive footage at Silverstone ----

----------------------------------

Drones are repeating WW1 aircraft development. I wonder if a Spad would be
right for hunting them. Or maybe a Waco.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettering_Bug
a425couple
2024-03-08 16:39:29 UTC
Post by a425couple
[...]
As for the 'Spad', I doubt it comes even close to having
a chance. Not nearly maneuverable enough.

Actually I tend to think firing bullets at it will not
be effective. To hard to get a hit on something that
small and moving quickly. Need very small proximity fuses
on small size pellet shotgun shell type projectiles.

Probably more need electronic zappers to disrupt the signal.
Jim Wilkins
2024-03-09 07:00:06 UTC
"a425couple" wrote in message news:6bHGN.371211$***@fx13.iad...

On 3/6/24 17:03, Jim Wilkins wrote:

As for the 'Spad', I doubt it comes even close to having
a chance. Not nearly maneuverable enough.

Actually I tend to think firing bullets at it will not
be effective. To hard to get a hit on something that
small and moving quickly. Need very small proximity fuses
on small size pellet shotgun shell type projectiles.
---------------------------
10 gauge shotgun bore is almost 20mm, the smallest for fused exploding
shells. That could be an interesting dual purpose weapon as a recoilless
rifle that wouldn't disrupt flight or aim. Caseless propellant might be
practical without a sealed breech or anything left to eject. A laser
rangefinder on the shooter would allow firing from the proper distance for a
fixed time-delay detonation, not unlike the convergence distance of
wing-mounted guns, or for maneuvering targets dual feed like the Bradley's
could select shotgun loads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrojet

A drone that didn't know it was being followed could be an easy target, one
that did and evaded could be a mission kill. Zig-zagging would be a
signature of hostility.

Disclaimer: In my work in military R&D I had no involvement with drones,
firearms or projectiles, or contacts with their manufacturers. What I know
came from open sources.
Jim Wilkins
2024-03-09 07:02:49 UTC
"a425couple" wrote in message news:6bHGN.371211$***@fx13.iad...

Probably more need electronic zappers to disrupt the signal.

That's closer to my field so I can't discuss it.