Caitlyn Jenner Reacts to Joe Biden Recognizing Transgender Day on Easter
Add Reply
a425couple
2024-03-31 21:31:34 UTC
Sheesh!! Come on Joe!! Quit going along with the stupid liberal
wing of the Democrats. Stupid to slap the Christians on Easter
with more 'woke politics'.

from
https://www.newsweek.com/caitlyn-jenner-condemns-joe-bidens-announcement-transgender-day-visibility-1885412

Caitlyn Jenner Reacts to Joe Biden Recognizing Transgender Day on Easter
Published Mar 31, 2024 at 10:44 AM EDT
Updated Mar 31, 2024 at 5:20 PM EDT

00:48
President Biden And First Lady Host Annual White House Easter Egg Roll
By Natalie Venegas
Weekend Reporter

Caitlyn Jenner condemned President Joe Biden's announcement on Saturday
in which he proclaimed Sunday, March 31, which happens to be the day
Easter falls on this year, Transgender Day of Visibility.

The International Transgender Day of Visibility was created on March 31,
2009, and has continued to be celebrated every March 31 for more than a
decade. The day is meant to not only honor transgender people, but raise
awareness of the discrimination they continue to face.

On Friday, the White House sent out an announcement proclaiming March
31, 2024, as Transgender Day of Visibility. This announcement is just a
formality as the date of this annual event has already been set and is a
way for the Biden administration to celebrate the holiday.

Easter usually falls between March 22 and April 25 every year and is
celebrated on the first Sunday after the full moon on or following the
spring equinox.

In the announcement, Biden wrote, "Today, we send a message to all
transgender Americans: You are loved. You are heard. You are understood.
You belong. You are America, and my entire Administration and I have
your back."

However, in response to Biden's announcement of Transgender Day of
Visibility, Jenner took to X, formerly Twitter, to condemn him.

Sign up for Newsletter
NEWSLETTER
The Bulletin
Your daily briefing of everything you need to know
Email address

By clicking on SIGN ME UP, you agree to Newsweek's Terms of Use &
Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
"I am absolutely disgusted that Joe Biden has declared the most Holy of
Holy days - a self proclaimed devout Catholic - as Transgender Day of
Visibility. The only thing you should be declaring on this day is 'HE is
Risen,'" Jenner wrote on X on Saturday.

Newsweek has reached out to Jenner via an email online form for comment.

Caitlyn Jenner
Caitlyn Jenner is seen at Hollywood Palladium on April 3, 2022, in Los
Angeles. Jenner condemned President Joe Biden’s announcement on Saturday
in which he proclaimed Sunday, March 31, which happens to be the day... More
JC OLIVERA/GETTY IMAGES
This is not the first time Jenner, who came out as a transgender woman
in 2015, has commented on LGBTQ+ issues, which at times, has sparked
backlash.

The Olympic gold medal winner, who identifies as a Republican, has often
seen pushback over her on-and-off again support for former President
Donald Trump. While she backed Trump in the 2016 general election, she
has also criticized him several times on social media over LGBTQ+
issues. However, she has confirmed she will be voting for him in the
2024 election if he lands the nomination.

Jenner was not the first to criticize Biden over Transgender Day of
Visibility. Trump's national press secretary, Karoline Leavitt, called
it "appalling and insulting" that Biden "formally proclaimed Easter
Sunday as 'Trans Day of Visibility'" in a statement on Saturday. Leavitt
said the president's announcement is an example of his administration's
"years-long assault on the Christian faith."

"We call on Joe Biden's failing campaign and White House to issue an
apology to the millions of Catholics and Christians across America who
believe tomorrow is for one celebration only—the resurrection of Jesus
Christ," she added.

However, in response to the criticism, White House deputy press
secretary Andrew Bates previously told Newsweek via email on Saturday
afternoon: "As a Christian who celebrates Easter with family, President
Biden stands for bringing people together and upholding the dignity and
freedoms of every American. Sadly, it's unsurprising politicians are
seeking to divide and weaken our country with cruel, hateful, and
dishonest rhetoric. President Biden will never abuse his faith for
political purposes or for profit."

READ MORE
Republican admits impeachment probe hasn't found any crime by Joe Biden
Donald Trump has desire to "cuddle" Putin, former aide warns
Ex-Giuliani ally accuses Donald Trump of working with Russia: "Blatant"
Republican sparks fury for saying Gaza should be treated like Hiroshima
Biden, who is a Catholic, has championed LGBTQ+ rights while in office,
which he wrote about in his Transgender Visibility Day announcement.

"I am proud to have appointed transgender leaders to my Administration
and to have ended the ban on transgender Americans serving openly in our
military," the president wrote. "I am proud to have signed historic
Executive Orders that strengthen civil rights protections in housing,
employment, health care, education, the justice system, and more. I am
proud to have signed the Respect for Marriage Act into law, ensuring
that every American can marry the person they love."

However, he admitted "there is much more to do" and called on Congress
to pass the Equality Act, which would "codify civil rights protections
for all LGBTQI+ Americans."

The announcement comes as at least 510 anti-LGBTQ+ bills were introduced
in state legislatures across the country in 2023, according to the
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
teslaStinker
Lil-man-ball
2024-04-16 16:02:42 UTC
Amen to that.
Sam
2024-04-16 22:29:48 UTC
On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 21:37:34 -0700, teslaStinker
Post by teslaStinker
he is a fuckin queer, what the hell you talking about. Same as queer GW
Bush is.
LOL! Is Laura Bush a cross dresser? They had two kids together, so maybe
an Angel of the LORD delivered the babies to them.

Unbelievable!
Lil-man-ball
2024-04-16 22:30:28 UTC
On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 15:29:48 -0700